Fire Inspections

Fire Inspections

Inspections may be arranged by calling 705-474-5662.


When are fire inspections required / performed?

  1.  If there are reports of potential hazards.

  2.  When a lawyer makes an inquiry (usually on transfer of land).

  3.  If the building / complex is a special use facility.

  4.  Upon Sale of Land

     o       Sale of apartment buildings

     o       Sale of residential building with basement apartments

     o       Sale of a large multi-use buildings



The following special use facilities require an annual inspection:

     o       Vendors carts and mobile units

     o       Daycare facilities (including home daycare)


Special use facilities which must perform fire drills twice a year includes:

     o       Hospitals

     o       Nursing Homes

     o       Special care facilities for the challenged

     o       Schools